RISK AWARENESS WEEK 2020 So many amazing workshops, consider upgrading for a full access pass
Norman Marks, CPA, CRMA is a retired senior executive. He now works with individuals and organizations around the world, advising them on risk management, internal audit, corporate governance, enterprise performance, and the value of information.
Norman was the chief audit executive of major global corporations for twenty years and is a globally-recognized thought leader in the professions of internal auditing and risk management. In addition, he served as chief risk officer, compliance officer, and ethics officer, and managed what would now be called the IT governance function (information security, contingency planning, methodologies, standards, etc.) He ran the Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 (SOX) programs and investigation units at several companies.
He is the author of eight books:
• Making Business Sense of Technology Risk (2019)
• Risk Management in Plain English: A Guide for Executives: Enabling Success through Intelligent and Informed Risk-Taking (2018)
• World-Class Risk Management (2015)
• World-Class Risk Management for Nonprofits (co-authored with Melanie L. Herman) (2017)
• Auditing that Matters (2016)
• The Institute of Internal Auditors’ Management’s Guide to Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404: Maximize Value Within Your Organization, described as “the best Sarbanes-Oxley 404 guide out there for management” (2017)
• World-Class Internal Audit: Tales from my Journey (2014)
• “How Good is your GRC? Twelve Questions to Guide Executives, Boards, and Practitioners” (2014)
Norman was profiled in publications of the AICPA and the IIA as an innovative and successful internal auditing leader. He has also been honored as a Fellow of the Open Compliance and Ethics Group for his GRC thought leadership, and as an Honorary Fellow of the Institute of Risk Management for his contributions to risk management. In 2018, he was inducted into the IIA’s American Hall of Distinguished Practitioners.
Proudly supported by
Your logo could go here!
If you'd like to get your brand in front of attendees following the categories this speaker is talking about (on this page, via email and during each talk) contact us.